Saturday, February 21, 2015

Turning the page

Whew. Well last week was exhausting I must admit. There is no reasoning with an impossible person.


Bunny came at me and started attacking others too. Here, on Twitter, and at rbmbs. I guess she didn't like my letter. Then some folks got understandably upset and started dishing it back to her, indirectly, amongst themselves, and she was all like waaaaaaaaaahhh. Poor Bunny. Nobody can say I didn't try. My heart was beating so fast when she was here being mean to me. My first impulse was to be mean back. I was ready to write a really mean spin-off on the really mean parody. I was cracking myself up and ready to roll. It would have been hilarious and satisfying, yet it would have been mean. And that's not me.

I pretty much decided to take my own advice and step away from the mean Bunny. I said what I had to say, and she is so troubled I just don't even want to be responsible for her fur falling out or a little mean bunny heart attack. It is quite apparent that I am only feeding the meanies by allowing them any importance to me. How important do I want them to be in my life? Only I have the power to make that choice.

I hope for Bunny that someday she will be able to let go of all the hate. It is poison. I promise. There are not many certanties in life, but that is one of them.


Bunny might be the meanest of the meanies, but perhaps because she is the most vulnerable. It is apparent that Bunny is trying desperately to recover from her hurt and her hate by writing and promoting hateful things both in her rbmbs blog and in her tweets, thoughts and feelings and delusions that are instantly validated by other meanies and folks who have bought in to the hate parade. As long as her main focus is on hate, I just don't see that recovery from hate working out for her. 


There were some hateful tweets that she did reconsider and delete, I attest. That is a good thing. That showed to me that she is perhaps not as nasty as she portrays, and that she may even be a good person with a conscience and a heart afterall. You might not know what I'm talking about, but she does.

I feel like the reason Bunny's hate has escalated to such heights and the reason that she always compares those who are responsible (in her eyes) for her woes to jodiarias, is largely, if not entirely, the fault of Meanie B. 

Meanie is the one who broke the catfish story in the middle of this emotional and extremely frustrating trial and in such a way that it brought maximum damage, not only to Kelly, but also to Bunny herself, and to everyone involved. Really what does all this matter? Maybe Kelly is who she says she is. Maybe she's not. I just don't understand the hate propoganda. I have faith that karma will iron it all out.

As for Meanie B, mean girls club president, I have already voiced my disgust. I will certainly keep my eye on her for future musings. She is such a good faker. She obviously has nothing better to do than dig up dirt and gossip and try to hurt people all the while promoting herself. It is quite a talent to incite such hate in others, and by the way that isn't a quality that karma likes so much. Meanie is the center of it all, using her fake flowery talk and "superiority" and "facts" to encourage hate and flame the fires of rumor and gossip. I must say I am impressed at Meanie's abilities in the mean and deceptive and self-serving departments. 

Meanie's hat is a puzzle to me, both light and dark and very smart but very controlling. Like the orchestra conductor with her baton. But no instrument of her own.

 All weekend the meanies have been going on and on being mean and patting each other on the back. Each has their own important role in the meanie club. Guess what, I'm bored with your meanness and I have better things to do. People like that do not even deserve my attention. The meanies are seriously obsessed and relentless. And I am seriously over it.


As I was considering what to write about next, last night I decided to turn the page and live by example. I did not want to become what I was condemning or behave like those people that I disapprove of, I don't want to be mean and I'm no bully. I'm just thinking out loud, trying to understand why grown women would act this way. The meanies continue to spend their days, literally hours on end, even after all these weeks, still saying mean things about other people and challenging anyone who does not agree with them. But they do not even challenge with any intelligent debate, they only attack by being mean. They can, and they have proven, that they will continue to do so. Probably for the rest of their something-is-missing lives. They have demonstrated that they have no interest in bettering themselves, because they already believe that they are better than everyone else.


This weekend the Mean girls club started circulating several articles speaking out against cyber bullying!!! What the what?! Are you kidding me? 



That was the final straw that had me come to terms with the fact that they are hopeless. Bunny even ventured to say that "people take the internet much too seriously". Yeah, newsflash, they do you meanie. They are thoughtful intelligent sensitive human beings with feelings and families and weaknesses behind those screennames. But for you, it's just fun to be mean. That's how you get your kicks.

This whole experience has my mind reeling about the whole concept of what makes a person "mean". What makes a person want to intentionally hurt other people? Why do some people think they are more important than others? Why do some people take pleasure in making another person cry? What made me feel the need to stand up against the meanies enough to start this blog? I have a lot of ideas on where I will go from here, but one thing is for sure, I am turning the page. 

Because unlike the meanies, I can.

I spent the day preparing my humble abode to receive my elementary school son's Odyssey of the Mind team tomorrow. What a great group of sweet and smart kids. Children bring such joy to life. Usually we meet up at another mom's house, but I volunteered for tomorrow. I always clean the house top to bottom when somebody who has never come over before is coming over, but this time my guests will include my son's teacher! Meep! My grandmother has told me again and again that her daddy always told her you only have one chance for a first impression. 

After all the preparations at my house, we went over to my Grandad's and saw the whole extended family. The old folks, the grown-ups, the youngins, the children, and the babies. There was so much laughter and love. That's what it's all about. 

So now here I sit, quietly by the fireplace, in my gorgeous and sparkly clean little happy house that I love. Isn't it fabulous to love where you are in life? It really is. Houses are made from brick and stone, but homes are made from love alone. And no meanies can touch that.




11 comments:

  1. Gramma used to tell me "there is only one thing in life that you can control, and that is YOU!" You can't control your spouse, your kids or your parents...and most of us find its a big job just trying to control ourselves!

    When we hurt inside...whether it's because we've lost a loved one, divorced or broken up with a significant other, or you are just angry for what life has given/not given to you...it's easy to attack others, and try to make THEM feel as miserable as WE do. I can't explain it; it just is.

    As the judge told Arias "you don't have to read the letters!" And it's true, we don't. I think it was CARMEN I was chatting with a day or two ago...and she said "take Deanna Reid as an example!" She didn't sink to the lowest denominatot, she's stayed classy and calm. If I can't stay classy and calm, then I'm just not going to read the things that get me upset! Four weeks now, this stuff has been primary...like CARMEN, I have other things to do!

    Good job, Carmen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, Carmen. I have always accepted "LIVING WELL is the BEST REVENGE"............so, to the Meanies: I LIVE DAMN WELL!
    Their little tweeting messages about 'cyber-bullying' were just too rich with irony! Who knows why they were sent out. Perhaps it was a warning to each other when it was discovered that in MANY STATES (as in ALL of CANADA.......even 'high tax-base' areas..) it can be deemed a CRIMINAL Act! Who knows. I have yet to figure out how they think they GAIN from any of it.......and refuse to waste my time and life dwelling on them.
    Instead, I intend to go on with my life/husband/career and let them all (rabbit)STEW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commend you for this Carmen! I do think internet bullying is a good subject to discuss, but I am ready to move on from this group of meanies because really, they are boring and repetitive and nothing original seems to come from their collective mind melds of meanness. I've decided, like you, that I will only view them in the rear view mirror because they are not front and center in my life! No matter how much pushing and shoving goes on, I just don't give a rats' azz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over 10,000 views Carmen! Thanks for bringing your own special kind of awareness, I think you have a lot of people who support your views -- good people, kind people! You know what they say -- people who love people are the luckiest people in the world. We make our own luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello
    I'm a good detective, and I'm pretty sure I know who you are, because I do not feel that anyone else would go to the trouble to make such a pointed comment right in the middle of #verdictwatch. But I will reply nonetheless just in case I am mistaken regarding your identity. First, no one has insulted anyone on their sexuality or used such terms on my blog. I would never allow it, and I was tempted to delete your comment because of it. If any of the kind people who visit here have used such references elsewhere, that is another issue and has nothing to do with me. I do not have any associates, I am by nature a loner, and opinions expressed by others do not define me. In theory, I do not approve; but in reality, I know there are a lot of people in the #JUSTICEFORTRAVISALEXANDER Twitterverse making fun of Donovan and Alyce in inappropriate ways. I find it similar to the way that some trialwatchers sang LaCucaracha to MDLR. It is inappropriate but undoubtedly brought on by their general disdain which evolved into personal insults about who those people are vs what they do. I agree with you that that is wrong*.

    *disclaimer: unless we are referring to convicted murderer jodiarias she is fair game

    Just to be clear to anyone who may read here, I am pro-LGBT all the way. I am not an activist, but I believe in live and let live. Love and let love. I am for gay marriage and I vote accordingly, and in my state gay marriage is now legal. I try my best to subtly influence my more conservative family members. I do what I can without insulting anyone else's beliefs.

    My very best friend of all time from my childhood "came out" when I was in college, and she is still my best friend of all time and always will be. After a bad breakup with my boyfriend, I was a heartbroken young woman and thought maybe I was playing on the wrong team, so to speak. I met a beautiful girl and she was my girlfriend for 6 years before I met my husband. We are also still friends. All of my very best girlfriends to this day are gay, some married to their partner with children. Most of them have been my friends for at least 20 years now. I'll never forget the day when I told my then-future husband about my past, and he said to me "if you're trying to shock me, you're going to have to do better than that". I love him, he's awesome. So if anybody was confused about where I stand on that I hope I've cleared things up.

    Further, I am sincere, and I think anybody reading me can see that. I always try to be respectful, understanding, and kind to others. Everybody deserves kindness.*

    *disclaimer: unless we are referring to convicted murderer jodiarias she is fair game

    Yes, I do claim to be above bullying. I do not in any way bully anyone, nor am I proselytizing anybody (for any normal peeps reading without a dictionary that's just a fancy word for recruiting). I did not create this blog to attack anyone, I originally created it to defend people who were being attacked. It was to defend a person who was, and is still, being attacked and insulted via blog and Twitter by a small group of meanies who proselytize others for their cause and who are ridiculing and ostracizing anyone who disagrees with them. My blog was a parody in reply to a parody, and subsequently I was attacked with aggressive and personal insults, so I used this place as my outlet to give my two cents. But that's yesterday's news. I turned the page several posts ago on the matter, and do not intend to pay any mind to the meanies anymore.

    Sorry it was so long, but your comment merited a response that required explanation. I hope I answered your question.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said, Carmen! Your readers support you completely. An attempt to turn the page and move on is not an invitation to start more controversy. All of us appreciate your efforts to encourage respectful understanding! Stay warm and safe,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carmen, I was looking through things and saw this, and that the "author" removed her comment. Guess I'm glad she did. You are very sincere, and now I'm going to be sincere, I have almost as many gay friends as I do straight friends and none of them get offended if I ask if they are gay. Why would they? It's an honest question and not meant to ridicule. I'm an old hippie who gave it up because I needed to have a roof over my head and eat, but I let my freak flag fly and I stand for the rights of everyone! All God's children! I am still only one of two in my very small rural area who puts a flower on my gay friend's grave each Memorial Day. I rode horses days upon end with a friend who came out as gay in high school and you had to be very brave in those days. The lady who boards my dogs for me is gay and the best dog boarder ever. I could go on and on. So, I hope you now know I judge people by the size of their hearts, not their wallets or their reputations , which can change overnight. Your heart is special Carmen -- just wanted you to know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was pretty obvious at a later date when part of starks shrink comment that starks shrink deleted showed up as part of a post on bunny's blog. Instinct was right :)
    Update: bunny retired and started a new blog. meanie's hat was suspended from twitter 4 times for being a crazy aggressive meanie and then came back as someone else and is now MIA but still lurking on the internet as somebody else. and meanie, well, meanie is a busy bee not writing anything interesting and fattening up her twitter follower list to make herself feel important. oh, and dont forget being mean and unprofessional to all that do not praise her and reminding everyone that she is a successful journalist with thousands of loyal readers. I can just imagine a 103 year old meanie on her deathbead murmuring "iiiiim aaaa journnnnalist". Pfft. Nobody takes her seriously anyway. So all is well in the Twitterverse! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn, I always miss the 'good-stuff'! I never did get to see the 'starks shrink' comment so I feel deprived......or is it depraved? (I always do get them confused). I agree with your assessment on the 'meanie' batch except I am lost as to the reference to 'meanies hat'.(confused as to WHO you are referring to) Oh well, you can always let me know by email or message
    Keep up the good work Carmen.......

    ReplyDelete