Monday, February 2, 2015

A valuable lesson

Welcome!
 

Due to some very valuable feedback I have received from folks with spelling and reading comprehension problems, I have decided to do a quick lesson written by me, your editor, Carmen Geditt.  
 
You see, the article on my blog written by Meanie B. is a PARODY.
 
I can't believe I even have to explain this, but I will try to do that for those of you who think that I would ever actually quote Wikipedia, ever.
 
 
I will try my best to keep it short so that I don't lose you.


You see, this PARODY blog post that Meanie B. wrote was published in direct response to another blog that I found to be mean and trashy. 


That blog is called ReallyBigMeanBunnySlipper. I must admit, it is a very good PARODY.

 

Now, the scandal between Meanie and ReallyBigMeanDog is really none of my business. I read the story, I have been a loyal reader on both blogs. I always stayed behind the scenes, that's my thing. 

....until I began to see HATEFUL CRUEL MEAN NASTY comments all over the feed of that story, tweeted all over Twitter, and promoted all over Facebook. Meanwhile, RBMD is just quietly over there writing about the trial, and Meanie and company are going on and on being mean. I was just trying to get my #JUSTICEFORTRAVISALEXANDER fix and I found it distracting and disturbing.


  
I understand there are two sides to every story. I understand some people got hurt. Real people, not aliases, real human people. But for God's sake, give it a rest in this public forum. Say mean things all you want between friends over a glass of wine. I'm sure you crack each other up, you are funny!
It is not realistic to expect to be friends with everybody on the internet. But do you have to be so mean?

One last thing, this happened:

  
So to clarify, everything that Meanie B. wrote in our post was a PARODY of somebody else. Meanie B.'s post, voice, format, choice and the arrangement of words and phrases, and all the endless quotes were intentional. I was poking fun at someone who I felt was being a bully and mocking her style. I was suggesting that she might even quote Wikipedia. I was playing the role of Meanie B.

Bunny quipped her playground mean-girl reply and then blocked me. But I put myself out there and made fun of her friend so I understand. No worries there. I get that. However, Kitty says "Totally real journalism?!", and goes on to criticize me for wanting Karas or Gold to upload degrees? Wth is that? I didn't even say anything about degrees. I praised them for being classy and professional in contrast to Meanie and Bunny and their mean friends. I was like, um, *facepalm* 


The point of Meanie B's PARODY was

 
 
So there it is, and as my TaeKwonDo master would say, "Dat's whyyyy".
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment